The optimal choice for bulk commodity or crop storage, steel buildings are fully customizable and space-efficient, providing up to 300 feet in clear span width (depending on design loads)—with a removable bulkhead at the door opening ensuring grain retention. Unlike grain bins, the multi-purpose structure can be used for other purposes—such as equipment storage—when not in use for crop storage. Using an auger conveyor for uniform distribution, grain can be quickly loaded through the top of the building.
Why steel for crop storage?
When storing crops, steel buildings are the best choice in terms of configuration, ventilation, durability, and cost. With low maintenance and a life span of up to 50 years or more, steel buildings provide a superior ROI and much longer life than traditional crop storage.
- Crop-Friendly: Highly sustainable with insulation to reduce energy costs and create a temperature-controlled, ventilated space, metal buildings are easy and economical to aerate to prevent mold or gas build-up.
- Custom Design: Designed to meet your specific use case, each building is built to withstand local climatic requirements with aerator tubes and fan systems to alleviate heat build-up during crop storage.
- Rapid Construction: With most components precut and welding completed during production, assembly can be completed onsite with minimal cutting/trimming as a DIY project or constructed using a professional crew.
- Low-Maintenance: Offering superior structural integrity and durability to withstand extreme weather conditions, steel buildings are virtually maintenance-free with warranties ranging from 20-50 years.
- Flexible & Expandable: Designed to accommodate changing requirements and needs, metal buildings can easily be expanded or reconfigured as more space is required or usage changes.
Why use Metal Building Prices for crop storage?
Prices and quotes can vary significantly depending on fluctuations in the price of steel and each vendor’s interpretation of your requirements, including the size and style of the structure, the geographical location of the site (for weather or seismic allowances), the number and size of framed openings, and the interior and exterior finish.
Eliminating the headache of researching multiple suppliers and requesting, receiving, and comparing quotes, Metal Building Prices simplifies and streamlines the process by providing instant access to a full range of steel buildings for crop storage. Leveraging extensive industry expertise and experience, Metal Building Prices delivers:
- Fast, easy access to a reliable, reputable, and carefully vetted supplier network
- Automatic matching to suppliers based on the use case, products, services, and location
- Multiple quotes submitted by suppliers reflecting their best price, product, and service
Contact us to find the right steel solution for your crop storage—durable, economical, and flexible.